Berube weighs in

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 17 06:03:58 PDT 2002

Chuck Grimes:

> Both political revolutions and organized terrorism (which is essentially a
degraded
> form of the latter) threaten the bourgeois social orderliness of
> capitalism and its primary goal of extorting the world of its human
> and natural resources.

In what sense is al-Qaeda's terrorism a "degraded form" of their "political revolution"? I mean, is there something "revolutionary" in Sharia Law that can mutate when exposed to imperialism? And how were their Taliban hosts (and Pakistani sponsors) not "extorting" Afghanistan of its "human and natural resources"?

DP