Anniversary

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Sep 18 05:49:18 PDT 2002

billbartlett at dodo.com.au wrote:

> Chris Doss wrote:
>
> >Did the Nazis deserve Dresden? Did the individuals who died in Dresden (many of whom were supporters of the Nazis) deserve it? (I would say no, but I think many people would disagree.)
>
> Yes, they deserved it. More generally, Germans collectively deserved it.

The concept of collective guilt simply surrenders to imperialism. Nothing is achieved by such raving, and a great deal is lost, since the only force that can stop the horror consists of the very people you are blaming for it. This is just as disgusting as the whinings of those who think some mythical "left" should engage in breast-beating about how horrible AQ was and etcetera etcetera.

Carrol