U.S. undergrads

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 06:46:56 PDT 2002

Peter said:

>I bet more would if Canada legalized pot. Anyone know what's happening with
>that?

The Senate's report on was in the Ottawa Citizen a couple of weeks ago. Here's a mention of it:

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/archives/story.asp?id=8C55A1C9-226E-477C-9DF9-0A876691D3D8

But our Senate is for consultation only; legalization would have to go through Parliament. It's a possible sign of better things to come, though. Chretien's getting expansive and magnanimous as his reign draws near the end, so he just might have it legalized, to put his name in everybody's history books.

Todd