Lefty Despair

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 13:26:48 PDT 2002

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> Why are so many LBO-talkers obsessed with finding
> fault with "the
> left"? If leftists themselves don't like "the
> left," why should
> anyone else? Self-flagellation and self-deprecation
> are
> unattractive. It makes sense to flog "the left"
> ritually once we
> cease to consider ourselves leftists, but,
> otherwise, it's
> self-defeating. Suppose we are interested in
> winning friends and
> influencing people, as everyone here says we should
> be; then it makes
> sense to stop saying that "the left sucks," which is
> like a salesman
> saying, "Never buy this product -- I won't use it
> myself."
> --
> Yoshie

And we can go on pretending that the Left is strong and doing things it should be doing. Dare not criticize oneself! It makes you look bad, even if you are doing wrong, you can do no wrong!

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 AIM: KDean75206 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net http://www.yaysoft.com