Anniversary

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Thu Sep 19 10:50:02 PDT 2002

At 8:32 PM -0400 18/9/02, Doug Henwood wrote:

>>You would have been able to infer that I don't hold non-citizens of the US responsible for US foreign policy. But of course the citizens of NYC aren't responsible for US foreign policy, it is American citizens collectively. Working class citizens are entitled a vote too I gather.
>
>Hey, you're a citizen of a secondary imperialist power that usually sides with the US. You responsible for that, too, or is it all our fault?

Yep. We're responsible for that. More responsible than Americans, since Australia is more democratic. Public opinion here is currently favouring the view that we should side with the UN on Iraq though. To some extent that is probably an excuse to side with the US, but if the US can't get UN support it might make for interesting times.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas