Israel "right to exist"

Marc Rodrigues cuito61 at onebox.com
Thu Sep 19 08:22:23 PDT 2002

> Ah. You don't understand. The document is consistent with the PLO's
> denial of Israel's right to exist. Chomsky adduced the document as
> evidence that the PLO--in flat contradiction to its own
> charter--accepted Israel's right to exist back in 1976.

Why is it that the settler colonial state israel has more people that support its "right to exist" than palestinian refugees have people who believe in their Right to Return?

In all honesty I do not believe Israel has a right to exist. Did rhodesia have a right to exist? "Portuguese" Angola? apartheid south africa? why is it that israel is given such leeway in this matter? is it the whole "religious justification?"

western guilt over the holocaust?

israel is a state made up of mostly caucasian european foreign settlers who displaced the indigenous population. why does this have any right to exist? when algeria gained its independence, did the world say: "ok, france gets to keep the half of algeria that has the most arable land and water supplies, indigenous algerians get the rest." why is israel different?

the only solution that can even be close to "just" is a one-state, secular solution, with full and unconditional right of return for all palestinian refugees, where citizenship is based on being born within what is now known as israel, west bank, and gaza. and if this means this state becomes majority arab, and if zionist and fanatic jews don't like it, then they could leave as settler colonialists have left other colonies after independence. they should have never been there in the first place.

--- Marc Rodrigues Voicemail: 866.206.9067 x4217 Students for a Free Society: http://qcsfs.tripod.com

"Why should there be one standard for one country, especially because it is black, and another one for another country, Israel, that is white?.. the attitude of the United States of America is a threat to world peace." -Nelson Mandela