Lefty Despair

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu Sep 19 08:42:55 PDT 2002

Dddddd0814 at aol.com:
> Right... "hide out" and emerge to preach to the pure souls when everything's
> over.

I'm simply being practical. Unlike you, I don't regularly lead the broad masses to triumph, etc. etc.; if anything like that were to happen, it would be a most astonishing and alarming accident, and I would look for somewhere to hide. But instead, it appears that I belong to a segment of the Left which is as despised by the rest of the Left, as the Left as a whole is despised (or ignored) by the general population. Merely by virtue of being an anarchist, a pacifist and -- phew! -- a vegetarian, I've been accused of links to Hitler, Stalin, and Osama bin Laden; of spitting in the faces of the bereaved and on the graves of the dead; and of being, worst of all, a _loser_. I'm not complaining -- the situation has many humorous aspects -- but clearly, with that kind of popularity, I've got to be very, very sneaky.

-- Gordon