Lefty Despair

Cliff Staples Clifford_staples at und.nodak.edu
Thu Sep 19 11:44:56 PDT 2002

If the lack of civility, listening skills, and kindness routinely displayed on this and many other lefty lists (and elsewhere, of course) is any indication how people would treat each other after the revolution, I hope it's a long time in coming. Aside from the obvious male-pissing-contest aspect of the whole thing, I understand that a lot of it is frustration at being so marginalized and powerless, but jeez. Couldn't we at least treat EACH OTHER with a little more generosity?

[Believe me, there are many people who would be flabbergasted to hear me, of all people, say this.]

Cliff