why we are so weak

Alexander Nekvasil a8504902 at unet.univie.ac.at
Thu Sep 19 18:24:20 PDT 2002

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:

> Gordon Fitch wrote:
>
> >Today, everywhere is Austria.
>
> You mean former rising neofascist stars are fading and
> their governing parties are collapsing? This is very
> reassuring!

Maybe it means that after a little terrorism you start a big war, and sooner than you think ... the rest is Austria.

The collapse of Haider's party is mainly due to an amazing act of political jiu-jitsu, performed by chancellor Schuessel, who just gave them empty space and smiles and not one harsh word in two years, and kept waiting for the overstretch to play out. I am not unimpressed.