When In Dowd

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Sep 22 09:22:11 PDT 2002

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but read Dowd's column today.

"The Bushies want to bring back the imperial, imperious presidency. The pre-emption proclamation had the tone of Cheney Caesar and Condi Ben Her. And the resolution sent to Congress seeking authority to go after Iraq was the broadest request for executive military authority since L.B.J. got the Gulf of Tonkin resolution rubber-stamped in 1964. At least L.B.J. had to phony up the Tonkin Gulf provocation. Mr. Bush can't be bothered. 'I cannot believe the gall and the arrogance of the White House,' Sen. Robert Byrd bellowed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/22/opinion/22DOWD.html

DP