Exams, Germany

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sun Sep 22 10:26:15 PDT 2002

>Last weekend Sweden bucked the trend by returning its social democrat
>government. If Germany does the same, the divisions between Europe and
>America will become more pointed.

This is the first I've seen of the Swedish election on the list. If my memory serves me, they were the first to offer sympathies to Americans after 9/11 and pledge support to Bush.

Also, I'm not positive but didn't some Eastern European countries buck the trend? Like either the Czech Republic or Hungary or both? Plus, there's the upcoming election in Brazil in which the leftist candidate is likely to win.

Peter