Specters of the Left (was Re: Lefty despair)

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sun Sep 22 10:26:03 PDT 2002

There is another problem, (3) the problem of retention due to the lack of enduring institutions on the left to which activists, new and old, can turn. In the USA, we don't have political parties, be they [clip] If you have a solution to (3), you tell us. -- Yoshie

-------------- There's a lack of enduring institutions due to the problem of retention. I do think the problem of retention is due to some of the complaints about the left made on the list. Of course there are the external factors you mention and we don't want to succumb to voluntarism, but to dismiss criticisms as mere bellyaching won't help solve the problem of retention.

Peter