Lefty despair

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 22 16:33:02 PDT 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Sometimes one loses because the enemy is stronger.

Strength is always relative to something. You can say X is strong next to Y, but you can also say Y is weak next to X. Since "we are many and they are few" it's not a given that they have to be strong and we have to be weak. So why the extreme imbalance of forces? Yeah, they've got money, bullets, and TV stations. But you always invoke this strength to dismiss self-criticism. Is this some variant of the Party is always right?

Doug