Will The Real March Please Stand Up?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 24 07:13:51 PDT 2002

I'm completely against the coming war on Iraq, yet I'm puzzled why there are two marches on DC within a few days of each other. The first, on the 26th, comes to us from the fine, decent folk of ANSWER/IAC:

http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/o26/o26endorse.html#endo

And the next one, on the 29th, by a coalition that, so far as I can see, doesn't have Chinese Stalinist apologists organizing it:

http://www.endthewar.org/dontbombiraq.htm

I suppose it's good that ANSWER is left to their own day of wailing and waving red banners (which will doubtless rouse the inner-Chinese Communist Party member that resides in the hearts of average Americans). It sort of reminds me of the split before the Gulf War -- no bad thing, all in all, it's just interesting how few things change.

And then there's this floating around in email land:

http://www.iacenter.org/rc_letter0902.htm

Who here still takes Ramsey Clark seriously? Or wishes to work with him and his?

DP