Will The Real March Please Stand Up?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Sep 24 07:44:05 PDT 2002

What bothers me is that the wholesome group -- Mobilization for Justice -- isn't talking about the war at all. Their home page(s) do not contain the word "Iraq."

mbs

I'm completely against the coming war on Iraq, yet I'm puzzled why there are two marches on DC within a few days of each other. The first, on the 26th, comes to us from the fine, decent folk of ANSWER/IAC:

http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/o26/o26endorse.html#endo

And the next one, on the 29th, by a coalition that, so far as I can see, doesn't have Chinese Stalinist apologists organizing it:

http://www.endthewar.org/dontbombiraq.htm

I suppose it's good that ANSWER is left to their own day of wailing and waving red banners (which will doubtless rouse the inner-Chinese Communist Party member that resides in the hearts of average Americans). It sort of reminds me of the split before the Gulf War -- no bad thing, all in all, it's just interesting how few things change.

And then there's this floating around in email land:

http://www.iacenter.org/rc_letter0902.htm

Who here still takes Ramsey Clark seriously? Or wishes to work with him and his?

DP