Will The Real March Please Stand Up?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Sep 24 11:08:05 PDT 2002

Given an interest in curbing, much less abolishing, the WTO/IMF/WB, it seems foolish in the extreme to ignore policies and events leading to the literal extension of U.S. military and geo-political power.

You'd think the WTO/IMF/WB was something from Mars, rather than an instrument of U.S.-centric Capital.

mbs

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net>
> What bothers me is that the wholesome group --
> Mobilization for Justice -- isn't talking
> about the war at all. Their home page(s)
> do not contain the word "Iraq."

And why should a group targetting global economic inequality be mobilizing on the Iraq war? Yeah, there are of course connections between everything, but I see no reason for the Mobilization for Justice to alienate pro-war activists who are concerned about global economic inequality. The lives at stake in AIDS patents are far more than in the Iraq war, so I am all for keeping folks in the global justice camp.

-- Nathan Newman