Houseman

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Sep 25 16:52:38 PDT 2002

Back around 1981, there was a brilliant parody of a daily business paper called Off the Wall Street Journal. This was back when that old Paper Chase blowhard John Houseman was doing ads for Smith Barney about making money the old-fashioned way. The OWSJ did a parody ad of this with the blowhard standing in front of a 19th century mill with the tagline - "We make money the old-fashioned way. *They* earn it."

Doug

--as I remember though, Houseman was a real classic Roosevelt new dealer, very sympathetic to unionists and commies in the Great Depression era and wrote (I think?) And The Cradle Will Rock?

Steve -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020925/0bbcb246/attachment.htm>