The nature of anarchism (Lefty Despair etc.)

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Mon Sep 30 22:18:29 PDT 2002

>>Don't you find it even remotely likely that there might be irreconcilable
>>differences which do not reduce to class differences?
>
>Of course its possible, though "differences" are something different to
>the "conflicts of interest" I was referring to. Though there might even
>be irreconcilable conflict of interest that are not down to class, I can't
>think of any, but perhaps you have something in mind?

The conflict of interest between men and women comes to mind, not to say it's NOT a class conflict (the original division of labor, no less) but just to say that it's probably not what you had in mind when you said class. Sexual reproduction, for all its wonderful innovation (biologically speaking), does tend to divide a species.

Jenny Brown