Peter Arnett speaks out

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Tue Apr 1 06:36:39 PST 2003

http://tinyurl.com/8k4x

THIS WAR IS NOT WORKING

Apr 1 2003

By Peter Arnett

I am still in shock and awe at being fired. There is enormous sensitivity within the US government to reports coming out from Baghdad.

They don't want credible news organisations reporting from here because it presents them with enormous problems.

I reported on the original bombing for NBC and we were half a mile away from those massive explosions. Now I am really shocked that I am no longer reporting this story for the US and awed by the fact that it actually happened.

That overnight my successful NBC reporting career was turned to ashes. And why? Full: http://tinyurl.com/8k4x --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]