[lbo-talk] Re: "Revolutionary Defeatism."

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 4 18:42:01 PST 2003

lp>...troll Heh, how droll, Lou. Your tradition has many, more cutting examples of insults. Emulate Comrade Vyshinsky. Climb back into your tank and fantasize about shooting students in Tienanmen Square and workers in Prague in '68 and Budapest in '56.

I demand that these mad dogs be shot -- each and every one of them! --A. Ya. Vyshinsky at 1936 Zinoviev trial

dregs of society... rotted people... terrorist thugs and degenerates

Kindly tell us when you renewed your anti-Soviet criminal activity --A. Ya. Vyshinsky to L. Serebryakov, at Jan 1937 Pyatakov-Radek trial

We demand the vermin and all their followers be mercilessly exterminated --some "humanist doctors" at 1937 trial of Radek, Pyatakov

scum... stinking carrion... manure --A. Ya Vyshinsky at 1938 Bukharin trial

a stinking pile of human refuse... the most contemptible, the most incorrigible and decayed dishonorable elements... accursed vermin... accursed cross between a fox and a swine --A.Ya Vyshinsky at 1938 Bukharin trial

Time will pass. The graves of the odious traitors will be overgrown with weeds, covered with the eternal contempt of Soviet people, of the whole Soviet nation. But over us, over our happy country, our sun will shine with its bright rays as clearly and joyfully as before. We, our nation, will walk as we did before, on a road cleansed of the last impurity and vileness of the past, following our beloved leader and teacher -- the great Stalin --

forward and ever forward, to Communism! --A.Ya. Vyshinsky at the 1938 Bukharin trial

Michael Pugliese