[lbo-talk] Re: war propaganda

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 4 20:56:12 PST 2003

>Carrol stated that psychological factors are like the cries of the
>drowning, which do not cause him to drown. You state that
>psychological factors are always dependent variables, never
>explanatory, merely explanans. I stand by my claim. jks

Sure, but I don't recall saying that "class interests," considered as merely economic interests, are direct determinants of the "psycho-sexual" matters, perhaps with the exception of my restatement of Luker's explanation of the rise of anti-abortion ideology in the late-nineteenth century (she attributes it to male medical doctors' attempt at professionalization of medicine). -- Yoshie