[lbo-talk] Re: College students support war?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 09:52:34 PST 2003

>From: David Mandl <dmandl at panix.com>
>
>>From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>
>>
>>[Disgusting. From the NY Times:]
>>
>>Professors Protest as Students Debate
>
>Why is it disgusting? I don't disagree with you--my reaction was similar
>to yours--but it would be nice to know exactly what bothers you about the
>piece.

There was a great line on South Park recently: "There's a time and a place for everything, and it's called college." Undergraduate years are an intermission in your active adult life -- a break between being dominated by parents and being dominated by corporations. It's the time when you have the greatest opportunity to speak out about really matters to you. It's dismaying to know that the grasping careerists who make up today's student bodies are little inclined to do anything with this freedom other than cheer on the US war machine.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus