[lbo-talk] Re: College students support war?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 10:54:08 PST 2003

>From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>
>
>At 5:52 PM +0000 4/5/03, Carl Remick wrote:
>>[college:] the time when you have the greatest opportunity to speak out
>>about really matters to you.
>
>Not so today, unlike in the sixties:
>
>***** More Students Work More Hours
>
>College students facing a long-term erosion in financial aid are working
>longer hours at the expense of their education, notes a recent study.

And

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>... If you don't have to work 20 or 30 hours a week, it helps.

Then I would reiterate what I posted a few days ago: I can't think of a single good thing to say about the contemporary United States.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus