[lbo-talk] What History Will Remember

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Mon Apr 7 07:29:50 PDT 2003

Hi,

See below...

Yoshie,

That you would miss my point confirms part of my criticism.

By starting with a quote from Che about true revolutionaries, I was signalling that my prose was not designed to attack all revolutionaries, only those revolutionaries who find glee or indifference in the deaths of their enemies.

When you build a revolution that celebrates blood lust, you are designing a future society that continues the celebration of blood lust.

All revolutions pose the possibility of death for adversaries.

Those revolutionaries that dance on the graves of their enemies build a society that goes on to devour its critics.

Process matters.

The ends do not justify the means.

-Chip