Ends/Means Re: [lbo-talk] What History Will Remember

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Mon Apr 7 08:10:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

see below...

OK. But it is still not OK to get groceries by killing the store owner AND then dancing around the body celebrating while eating the cupcakes.

Could we get back to the main point? There is an essential moral issue about celebrating the death of an enemy rather than seeing it as a sad necessity. And even this is distinct from the issue of how any of us justify the use of force.

I do not see any moral justification for using force and invading Iraq. I also see no moral justification for celebrating the death of anyone in this conflict, including Iraqi civilians and soldiers, "Alliance" invaders, journalists, and relief workers.

-Chip