[lbo-talk] on lawyers (was Re: war propaganda)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:52:46 PDT 2003

>From: Shane Taylor <s-t-t at juno.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
> >[By golly, Justin, as PR-spinning goes, it's hard to beat your
> >clarion declaration of juridical high-mindedness. But our legal
> >system is of course a sham. From the NY Times, the latest exhibit:]
> >
> >Prison Rates Among Blacks Reach a Peak, Report Finds
>
>Yeah, that's a sham, but I don't get how that contradicts Justin.

However you gussy it up, the actually existing legal system serves mainly to defend and perpetuate inequitable social relationships of all sorts. I think lawyers' pretensions to serve any higher, finer purpose are hogwash.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail