[lbo-talk] on lawyers (was Re: war propaganda)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 13:06:11 PDT 2003

Well, what I do for a living is defend corporations, mainaly against each other. But that doesn't make me liar or a purvetor of shady artguments, to keep the discussion on point. Incidentally I also spend hundreds of hours a year doing pro bono work defending indigent criminal defendants, civil rights and liberties, school desegregation, and other low, vile purposes. (The criminal defendants are all guilty, though.) jks
> However you gussy it up, the actually existing legal system serves mainly to
defend and perpetuate inequitable social relationships of all sorts. I think lawyers' pretensions to serve any higher, finer purpose are hogwash.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail