[lbo-talk] Chemical Weapons found

David Mandl dmandl at panix.com
Mon Apr 7 15:03:15 PDT 2003

I remember some member of the Reagan administration was quite explicit about this. Something along the lines of, "Millions of people read the original claim in the newspapers, and a couple of dozen read the correction." They actually took of advantage of this fact by having Ron make blatantly incorrect statements--once the statement is made on national TV and covered in all the papers, it really doesn't matter what happens the next day.

--Dave.

-- Dave Mandl dmandl at panix.com davem at wfmu.org http://www.wfmu.org/~davem