[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Apr 8 10:48:20 PDT 2003

i find the administration's attempt (desire) to use hatred of SH's regime in order to get their support in the effort to topple SH in order to achieve their political ends deeply problematic. "well, these people probably don't want liberal state capitalism, but hey, whathafuckevA. they can be used to help us gain our political ends and, by the time we're done edjamacatin' 'em, they'll be on our side, bought off, or eliminated.

is it a good idea to do the same--use the same tools--cynically using the antiwar and peace movements to advance your own political goals?

kelley