[lbo-talk] Splendid Little War II

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 9 10:24:18 PDT 2003

Ian Murray wrote:

> [...]

Just being a bunch of aggressive pricks & slavedrivers with a genocidal agenda (re the previous inhabitants) does not quite an Empire make. :-)

I think Carl's starting point isn't bad, esp. if one combines it with the Open Door Policy and the building of the Panama Canal. That's when the U.S. ruling class really stepped forward on the world stage.

Carrol