[lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

Bradford DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Apr 9 15:38:18 PDT 2003

>>From: Bradford DeLong <jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu>
>>
>>Alongside what looks like a vigorous popular spontaneous prowar
>>mobilization today in Baghdad...
>
>[Absent, of course, Brad m'lad, were the party-pooping Iraqi
>civilians who didn't survive their liberation.

Yep. Once again, The Onion put it best: DEAD IRAQI WOULD HAVE LOVED DEMOCRACY: Baghdad resident Taha Sabri, killed Monday in a U.S. air strike on his city, would have loved the eventual liberation of Iraq and establishment of democracy, had he lived to see it, his grieving widow said. "Taha was a wonderful man, a man of peace," his wife Sawssan said. "I just know he would have been happy to see free elections here in Iraq, had that satellite-guided Tomahawk cruise missile not strayed off course and hit our home."