[lbo-talk] Vive La France?

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at attbi.com
Wed Apr 9 18:01:08 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>
> That is it for today. I am out of here to hear the French ambassador
> speaking today on the JHU campus. Vive la France!

Well, tell us what l'ambassadeur has to say. I predict that it will be all about how glad we all are to see the evil Saddam go but now the U.S. should share the kill with the other imperialist powers (this proposition may be posed in the form "the UN should have a central role etc.") and the existing oil contracts (with France, for example) should be honored. "Vive les français" indeed, but (le gouvernement de) la France doesn't merit a lot of cheering these days.

LP