[lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 9 16:44:20 PDT 2003

Kelley:
> I really want to think it was staged, but the boo boo with
> the US flag
> suggests to me that it wasn't. Had the us staged that one, i
> doubt the
> braintrust would have ok'd the u.s. flag. no, that was an
> action by Uncle
> Sam's Misguided Children, and it was incredibly stupid. i won't be
> surprised if we don't see a lot of similar events, raising
> the iraqi flag
> over the debris.

Well, when they cooked the documents "proving" that Iraqis tried to buy nuclear materials from Nigeria you would think they would at least check the list of current government officials to avoid signing the name of someone who was not there for at least two years. This does not seem to me like a well planned intelligence operation, but a make shift operation. They did not plan any details, just brought a group of Iraqi supporters (Kurds?) who in turn thought they would please their audience if they wave a US flag.

That is it for today. I am out of here to hear the French ambassador speaking today on the JHU campus. Vive la France!

Wojtek