[lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Apr 9 16:36:03 PDT 2003

At 03:50 PM 4/9/03 -0700, Brad DeLong wrote:

>Were the crowds at the fall of the Berlin Wall fake too?
>
>I don't think the U.S. Army has enough people in Baghdad who speak Arabic
>to stage a mobilization.
>

>Brad DeLong

I really want to think it was staged, but the boo boo with the US flag suggests to me that it wasn't. Had the us staged that one, i doubt the braintrust would have ok'd the u.s. flag. no, that was an action by Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, and it was incredibly stupid. i won't be surprised if we don't see a lot of similar events, raising the iraqi flag over the debris.

I'm saving the image of the us flag on SH's face-- if I can't get my hands on it. When 300 Marines get blown up in front of an embassy or something similar, I'm going to be a vile, small minded person and send their commander a post card.

Kelley