Successes of the antiwar movement? (Re: [lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 07:14:52 PDT 2003

"preaching to the choir?"

King's speech would be dismissed as PREACHING of any kind.

At risk of wandering into the thread about absence of snake handlers on LBO, MANY speakers at rallies I have been at recently could stand a good round of training in public speaking, and oratory. Happens that divinity schools are good at this. Preachers usually have to hold people's attention and convey meaning and the most successful ones do great at it. No reason people in other traditions cannot do that too, but they often don't!

Who says Shrub's speechwriters should have a monopoly on inspiring metaphors and moral force????? Can anyone think of people today who speak as well as King on a regular basis?

DoreneC