[lbo-talk] Israel to Palestinians: Learn lesson of Iraq war

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 11:15:15 PDT 2003

[One of the reasons offered for this war was that it would allow - somehow - the forward progress toward a Palestinian state. I remember Perez de Cuellar saying the exact same thing during Gulf War I.]

JERUSALEM, April 10 (Reuters) - Israel said on Thursday it hoped the fall of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein would teach the Palestinians the lesson that they must install new leaders and abandon their uprising for independence.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L10367284.htm