[lbo-talk] Re: Worker's Paradise (was: Gulag query)

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:48:03 PDT 2003

>From: David Mandl <dmandl at panix.com>
>To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: Worker's Paradise (was: Gulag query)
>Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:41:25 -0400

Whether you have unanimity in a dictatorship
>through intimidation or in a "democracy" through more subtle means
>(corporate-controlled media, advertising, etc.),
--- In USSR, neither. It was because of the Brezhnev social contract (don't mess with the state and we will take care of you) and the acceptance of Soviet ideology/ideals by most of the population. ---- And even if the Soviet
>population was really, truly in favor of the '56 and '68 invasions, surely
>that didn't make it right to send the tanks in?
--- Nope.

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus