[lbo-talk] Q's for SZ?

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sat Apr 12 20:55:29 PDT 2003

Quoting Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>:

> If all goes well I'll be interviewing Slavoj Zizek on Sunday and
> broadcasting it on Thursday. Any questions you'd like me to ask him?

Just back from a 2-week vacation - my own 2 questions: it's becoming increasingly clear that the Arab cultures of the Mashreq have become to the early 21st century what the Jews were to the early 20th century, i.e. the neo- national scapegoat for a dire politics of global regression.

(1) What sort of micropolitics is needed to fight back against this, given that there are no Ho Chi Minhs to cheer on or NLFs to solidarize with?

(2) How do we join these struggles to the broader struggle against an increasingly hegemonic, autonomous and scarily ruthless Eurocapital?

(And tell Z. that I don't have the faintest damn idea of what an answer might look like.)

-- Dennis

------------------------------------------------------------ Visit http://www.efn.org for all your community networking needs