[lbo-talk] Fox News' Shepard Smith boasts of patriotic bias

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Sun Apr 13 09:41:42 PDT 2003

Shep bugs the living crap outta me. My partner says that Shep always seems ready to conclude any statement--no, proclamations and exclamations !!!--he makes with something like, "And it'd make a great fondue, too! YeeeeeeeAH!" and this wouldn't sound absurd. I mean, it would be absurd, but that is what Shep is: absurd.

I was working last night, watching what used to be a show I looked forward to, FAUX's News Watch (media analysis), which used to have Jeff Cohen on it. Anyway, I'd mentioned to my partner that it was hilarious to see how many Weapons of Mass Distraction we seem to be finding in Iraq when you watch FAUX. The coverage is insanely obsessive. Switch to another station, and you don't much about the hunt for WMDs. Sure, there is the occasional report, but nothing like FAUX.

Shonuff, the guy that took Jeff's place (can't think of his name) mentioned this: no one batted an eyelash. Even better, no one batted an eyelash when FAUX was described as unabashedly pro-war and, uh, pro-American. It just was.

We regurgitate, you decide.

backtoworkily,

kelley

*sigh*