[lbo-talk] Cuba petition

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Apr 15 17:16:56 PDT 2003

>Officially, the Soviet Union was trying to overthrow the US system, which is
>one reason they were funding the CPUSA. Everything people say seems to be
>supporting McCarthy in his arguments.
>
>-- Nathan Newman

Sergei Khrushchev claimed in the book about his father that the soviets had abandoned that policy and sought changes through electoral means. He states that this was quite a controversial change in policy that his father implemented. I have read that the CPUSA was also interested in change through the same means. This seems very different in my mind from what the U.S. Government has in mind for Cuba.

John Thornton