[lbo-talk] RE: how's it feel?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 10:24:25 PDT 2003

[In an earlier post in this thread I tried to take the long view and in a detached way say that the Bush crowd will get theirs. But I'm too PO'd to get any satisfaction from letting it go at that. So let me de-classify this post I sent to Doug offlist and provider fuller disclosure of my POV on the State of the Union:]

>Subject: Offlist Re: [lbo-talk] RE: how's it feel?
>
>For example, people talk openly about the use of torture now, a position
>that two or three years ago would have been confined to right-wing cranks.
>You could say the same about how anything remotely critical is now coded as
>unpatriotic. These sorts of things are powerful, but hard to specify and
>fight against.
>
>Doug

Actually, Doug, I am incandescent with rage. Over a life filled with fury about one damned thing or another I have never been this angry. Bush, the neocons, Americans in general -- I'm beyond fed up with them all. I think what I said before is true (if not truistic), that action begets reaction and the US is riding for a fall, but that's not going to be fun either obviously. On the 1984 scale I'd have to rate this period as doubleplus ungood.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail