[lbo-talk] a shred of hope

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 14:31:40 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/17/2003 8:36:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, dperrin at comcast.net writes:

> Not only that, but Kerry (John) was a founding member of Vietnam Veterans
> Against the War -- something Kerrey (Bob) was not, to my knowledge, a part
> of, nor that other War Hero, McCain, who to this day talks about trying to
> "forgive" the Vietnamese for having the temerity to shoot
> down his plane, in
> their own country no less!

Bob Kerrey was part of Vietnam Veterans Agaisn the War. When he ran for Governor of Nebraske in 1982 there was a big controversy about it. He was accused of throwing his Medal oh Honor into a coffin during one of the protests. He responded by saying that he lost the medal and they gave him a replacement. I was living in Omaha, NE at the time.

Sergio