[lbo-talk] Bush at Boeing

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Apr 17 16:54:44 PDT 2003

Marta Russell wrote:
> OK I am way over the top on posting today. Last one.
>
> The LA Times sports a picture of Bush giving a thumbs up to the workers
> at Boeing in St. Louis. He is smiling, confident, like God has smiled
> upon him. No boos reported.

My roommate is from rural West Virginia and is thus familiar with the interesting fundamental religions of Appalachia. She took a look at some of the photos of Bush after he gave that bizarre press conference in March and said that he had the look of somebody who had just decided to do something really bad. She said that she had seen that look before from some of the fundamentalists she has known.

I grew up in a different kind of fundamentalist family, that being a Midwestern fundamentalist Lutheran family. I've been thinking recently about Bush's rhetoric and language and I'm just reminded at how much he talks and walks like a true believer. George W. *really* thinks that he is on a mission from God. I think that this is just another reason why the anti-war protests would never have swayed this religious nut.

Of course, there are other reasons why this Bush does things, but I think that people underestimate his fundamentalist delusions of grandeur.

Chuck0