[lbo-talk] How Conservatives Conquered the Internet

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Apr 17 17:49:29 PDT 2003

Chris Kromm wrote:
> An upcoming book from David Horowitz's outfit, that I knew LBO readers
> wouldn't want to miss. But seriously, it did make me think: is the thesis
> true? And if so, why?
> CK

Why would anybody take anything coming out of a David Horowitz project seriously? We all know that he likes to play fast and loose with the truth, so why should we expect anything different now?

This upcoming "book" on the conservative Internet presence is probably more than wishful thinking, it's probably another attempt by the right to repeat a lie enough times so that people believe it.

The conservatives have a prominent presence on the Internet, but people who don't share their views and run websites far outnumber them. If they honestly believe that they've "conquered the Internet," then they are probably just ignorant of how many left websites are out there. They'd be surprised at our website traffic too. ;-)

Just remember, as Uncle Chomsky always says, there are more of us than there are of them.

Chuck0