[lbo-talk] Tim Robbins speech at National Press Club--quite good

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 04:31:50 PDT 2003

It's been several decades since I read the _Federalist Papers_ -- but it seems to me (if my memory for both content & number is correct) that Nos. 10 & 51 esp. were in effect promises that the Constitution would not lead to democracy (in the sense of the "masses" or "factions" having a loud voice in decision-making).

Carrol ^^^^^^^ CB: And didn't these demi-gods of liberal "democracy" understand "factions" as political parties representing different economic classes, and therefore favor a one party system or system run by one party in particular ? Guess which class' party.

This was too honest. It took their political descendants to realize that the