[lbo-talk] Re: Know your enemy

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 19 17:17:20 PDT 2003

Chuck Grimes and y'all, on Adorno and Thomas Mann see the latest NLR.

Michael Maar: Teddy and Tommy

The one-sided love story of Theodor Adorno and Thomas Mann and its comedy of errors, as the philosopher wooed, counselled and was misused or rebuffed by the novelist. What was Adorno’s exact role in the genesis of Doctor Faustus, while the two shared an Angeleno exile? Why did they never meet again after the war? Who was the real original of Adrian Leverkühn?

On members of the exile German Communist community in Mann's circle see the, "Communazi, " book that Columbia or Yale Univ. Press had translated recently. On another German lefty, see the book by a son of a major CPUSA figure, Fred Jerome, on Albert Einstein and the FBI hounding. Was there a fellow traveler petition that Einstein didn't sign?

-- Michael Pugliese, charter member of Agnes Smedley Brigades For The Liberation Of Uigars <URL: http://www.caccp.org/im/ >

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy