[lbo-talk] Re: neocon economists

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Apr 20 20:55:12 PDT 2003

``..He's (Wannisky) broadly consistent with the extreme free trade/zero capital taxers, finance market types, though his gold fixation is a fringe position not not held by right-wingers. Roughly libertarian, I would say...'' Max Sawicky

----

Awesome, Max.

I have to say, you bring the discernment of a kennel club expert's abilities to bare on these pouches, noting the distinguishing marks of the breeds. I couldn't have figured out one entrant from another, and here you don't bother to even lift their tails!

As I remember you, Chip, Justin or somebody else had detailed out a whole genealogy of these critters with the paleos, neos, lithos, harpos, etc. Remember?

Maybe you could point me back to those posts or on the web somewhere.

See, it seems to me that the University of Chicago figured big in both the econ and pol sci crew. It's hard not to think that the same people who have become policy makers now didn't all get exposed to something like a Strauss influence in their political science courses along with some consistent economics themes, say Milton Friedman?

There are of course whole other breeding lines and mutant pools of this elite conservative co-mating consilience, say revolving around Stanford out here, or Harvard and Yale back there.

What I want to find is some commonality of experience, a class or social reaction of some sort to the student revolts that racked their own student days.

I don't know, something in economics that corresponds to say to the dark bonding of Perle and Wolfowitz under Wolfstretter.

Chuck Grimes