[lbo-talk] Gulag query

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 05:32:18 PDT 2003

50 million according to Solzhenitsyn, jks

--- Speaking of Sol., I loved Limonov's assessment in Diary of a Loser:

Alexander Solzhenistyn, my double compatriot, deserves to be drowned in a prison latrine. "Why?" you ask. For his lack of brilliance, for the nagging dullness of his characters, for the army-prison-slavophile jackets with which he dressed all of his characters (and would dress the entire Russian nation, if he had his way), for the one-dimensional thoughts, for this whole preachy, provincial, stale and cheerless picture of the world -- yes! For all this into the latrine he goes.

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail