[lbo-talk] Alexander Zinoviev

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 21 11:14:27 PDT 2003

What! When Encounter magazine was still around, I would skim it at the CSUN and UCSC. This Zinoviev (no relation to the Comintern leader, I trust?) was a regular. An interview w/George Urban of RFE became imfamous with neo-cons.

Zinoviev, was to appear with David Duke here at a Holocaust revisionist conference. A. Rami, of Radio Islam, has repeatedly had on far rightists and loons like the Maoist/Hoxhaite son of Gunnar and Alva Myrdal, Jan, on his radio show. See the Radio Islam website.

These other characters are part of the IHR stable. <URL: http://eairc.boom.ru/reports/revisionists.html > Webmaster's note: Here's a complete translation (plus commentary) of the article by the Russkaya Liniya agency on the recent revisionist conference which was held in Moscow in January. This article appeared in abbreviated translation on the Pravda.ru website and elsewhere. Since the conference was somewhat of a landmark in the history of world revisionism, I think it deserves to be documented fully, accurately, and in real English.

On the 27th and 28th of January a unique international conference on global problems in world history took place within the walls of the Moscow Social- Humanitarian Academy. Scientists, writers and activists from Russia, the USA, Australia, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden and Bulgaria took part in it. The conference was organized by the "Encyclopedia of Russian Civilization" (Editor-in-Chief Oleg Platonov) and the American Journal "The Barnes Review", whose publisher Willis Carto was the conference's main sponsor. The reports of the participants were dedicated, in the main, to various aspects of globalization and the influence of the Zionist factor in various countries of the world.

This conference was in many respects unique, above all in that many of the world's leading revisionists were gathered there. Revisionism is a somewhat little-known phenomenon in Russia, while in the West these people enjoy loud renown and many of them are already acquainted with the charms of prison life. [Here I have to disagree with the author of this article. The trials, hounding, physical terror and imprisonment of Western revisionists has been accompanied by a rather effective conspiracy of silence on the part of the mainstream (read Jewish) media, and the masses are either unaware of revisonism at all or have been frightened away from it by the scare-words "holocaust denial" or "anti-semitism". In Russia the main tenets of holocaust revisionism are discussed not only in patriotic, communist and nationalist circles, where Jurgen Graf's "The Holocaust Myth" and other similar books continue to circulate, but even more mainstream publications, such as the the St. Petersburg Weekly "Novy Peterburg" and in Dmitry Cherkasov's popular series of action novels "March of the Victors". - - Webmaster]

Revisionists cast doubt on several historical facts, heretofore considered irrefutable, connected with the results of the Second World War, above all the number of victims in the so-called Holocaust. They call the standard assertions of the destruction of Jews in concentration camps "a supreme historical lie". For this they have been smeared in the West as "fascists", anti-semites" and so forth. But, as one well-known revisionist Jurgen Graf noted, revisionism is a scientific method, and scientific methods ought to be criticized from a scientific, not ideological, position.

The conference went off quite well, in spite of a whole series of unpleasant incidents which happened just days before it began. Two days before opening day one of the main organizers, Oleg Platonov, landed in the hospital with a broken leg. Due to illness, both the former Yugoslav ambassador to Russia, Borislav Milosevic, and well-known philosopher and mathematician Alexander Zinoviev were unable to appear. Zinoviev sent his speech "Globalization's New Phase" to the conference's organizers. [Borislav Milosevic is the brother of embattled former President of Yugoslavia Slobodan Milosevic. His emotional appearances on television during the NATO bombardment of Serbia remain seared on this observer's memory to this day. Zinoviev is one of the few big-name dissident emigres who has returned to Russia to live, citing the moral crisis in the West. (Zinoviev lived in West Germany). -- Webmaster]The Petersburg historian and Dean of the History Department of St. Petersburg University, Igor Froyanov, was also unable to come to Moscow. He courteously furnished his report "Globalization and Russia" to "Russkaya Liniya". [Froyanov was recently dismissed from his post as head of the History Department after a long campaign of harrassment in which even Moscow "mainstream" media (most notably Gusinsky's "Obshchaya Gazeta") joined in. His books, which subjected Russia's post-Soviet "reforms" to merciless criticism, were labeled "reactionary" and "anti-semitic". St. Petersburg University Rector Lyudmila Verbitskaya, who spearheaded his dismissal, is Jewish (as are most heads of institutions of higher learning in today's Russia) and very chummy with Vladimir Putin, who has known her since his university days. -- Webmaster]The American journalist and writer Christopher Bollyn was unable to get a Russian visa, for reasons unknown, and therefore his report "The Events of September 11th and Their Consequences" had to be read by another of the conference's attendees.

The conference was opened by the Rector of the Moscow Social-Humanitarian Academy Igor Ilyinsky, who then read his report "Globalization and Education". In connection with Oleg Platonov's illness (the text of his report "Globalization and Christianity" was disseminated among participants) the conference was led by Swiss historian Jurgen Graf.

On the first day the Austrian physicist and Catholic writer Gerhoch Reisseger appeared with his report "The Monetary Consequences of September 11th", in which he offered listeners an analysis of the situation on the American and European financial markets. He referred metaphorically to the dollar as "chestnuts in the fire", and defined the euro as an "emergency channel for the salvation of the dollar". Mr. Reisseger sees only one way out: "to pray and struggle", and he called for the uniting of the West with and the Islamic and Orthodox Christian worlds in the face of a common threat.

Moscow professor Mikhail Kuznetsov, who appeared next, spoke on the theme of "Judicial Aspects of Civilization". Calling attention to the NATO aggression against Yugoslavia, he noticed with alarm that along with the destruction of the idea of sovereignty comes the dissolution of the "very essence of justice". The law is based on God-given moral imperatives, and when God is excluded from public institutions the organs of justice cease to fulfil the fuction for which they were created.

Especial interest was aroused by the pithy report delivered by the General Secretary of the organization "Verite et Justice", which is fighting for freedom of speech in Switzerland, Rene Berclaz, entitled "The Blackmailing of Switzerland". He began by recounting to Russian and foreign listeners about how in 1820 Russia provided food aid to Switzerland, which had suffered losses on account of the French Revolution. Monsieur Berclaz expressed his gratitude to Russia for her generosity. His detailed report was dedicated to how little Switzerland, always proud of its independent banking system, was recently brought to its knees by international Jewish organizations. These organizations, as the speaker noted, showed the whole world thereby that they're above the law, above sovereignty. Their action was a show of strength.

Swedish citizen of Morroccan origin and founder of "Radio Islam", Ahmed Rami, who delivered his report "The Influence of Zionism in Western Europe", enlivened the conference considerably due to his oratory skills. His speech was repeatedly interrupted by applause and his sharper remarks drowned out by laughter, for example the witticism that "in today's Europe the only permissible argument about Jews is one in which both participants are Jews". Rami stated with assurance that Russia remains the only country able to throw a monkey wrench into the wheels of globalization. Unfortunately, in his brilliant speech Rami, who is a Muslim, permitted himself some mocking remarks about the Old Testament, which, alas, were met by the Russian audience with unabashed chuckles. One hopes, due only to unthinkingness and lack of knowledge.

Jurgen Graf's speech "Treblinka: A Critical Analysis of the Official Version" was heard on the second day of the conference. Graf's appearance made an especially marked impression, being a supplement to Australian engineer Richard Krege's report "The Use of Radiation Techniques in Historical Research". Krege, with the help of special equipment, carried out electromagnetic scanning of soil layers at the sites of alleged mass burials at the two camps Treblinka and Belsec. The data obtained in this research turned out to be unfavorable to proponents of the mass-burial hypothesis: The soil in both locations was found to be pristine, not subjected to external influences.

A whole series of other researchers, writers and activists made appearances at the conference. American journalist Michael Piper, in his report "The Murder of President Kennedy", defended his version of the Israeli Mossad's involvement in the "crime of the century". Bulgarian journalist Volen Siderov spoke on a theme of great interest to Russian listeners: "Globalization: The Last Stage of the Colonization of the Orthodox East". Doctor of Philology Frank Toben, from Australia, in his report "A Discussion of Revisionism in Western Europe", spoke about the persecution of scientists-revisionists in Western Europe for the mere fact that they express doubts about the gas chambers and Holocaust. The American David Duke's speech "The Zionist Factor in the USA" was listened to with great interest, as was Boris Mironov's "The Influence of Globalization on the Policies of the Russian Government". [Duke, a nationally-known politician in the US, introduced his latest book "The Jewish Question in the Eyes of an American" in Moscow roughly two years ago. The book has been widely discussed in Russian patriotic circles ever since. Mironov served as Minister of the Press under Yeltsin in the early 90's. A Soviet holdover with outspoken anti-Zionist views, he (needless to say) didn't last very long in the thoroughly corrupt Yeltsin administration. -- Webmaster]"Russkaya Liniya" intends to publish some of these reports in the new future, as well as the reports of our Petersburg delegation in the conference: church historian Nikolai Simakov ("Globalization and Russia's Historical Calling"), well-known researcher of the "Protocols of Zion" Yuri Begunov ("Globalization and Zionism"), and art-critic and historian Mark Lyubomudrov ("Russophobia As an Instrument of Worldwide Destruction").

The appearance by the American Russ Granata, a former professor of German, unexpectedly turned out to be a real culmination of the conference. He began his report "Scientific Methods in the Investigation of Historical Questions" with words of thanks to Russia, where he and others like him have found understanding and support. The speaker announced that assertions of the destructions of the Jews in concentration camps are false, that not only Auschwitz, but all the other camps were never "death camps", as their so-called "victims" claim. Granata wittily noted that it's unclear to him why revisionist research has encountered such hostility among Jews. You see, this research is a real gift to them, for it turns out the millions of Jews weren't killed after all. But instead of gratitude for their discoveries revisionists receive only curses and threats.

Unexpectedly for all, Granata grabbed at his heart and fell right from the podium. People rushed to help, doctors were summoned. The speaker's heart attack was a clear reminder of the intense pressure which revisionists are under in their struggle for historical truth. The heart attack became something of a symbol for the conference. It became clear that lawsuits, hounding in the press, ridicule and threats take their toll. Indeed, the labors of Russian and foreign revisionists is not just an intellectual game, but an authentic public and historical witness.

A little while later Russ Granata returned to the hall, met by the applause of the conference's participants. He beamed back, and in his smile one could read the words: "We'll continue the struggle!"

A. Stepanov 1. Alexander Zinoviev (Russia). "Globalization's New Phase". 2. Igor Froyanov (Russia). "Globalization and Russia". 3. Oleg Platonov (Russia). "Globalization and Christianity". 4. Jurgen Graf (Switzerland). "Treblinka: A Critical Analysis of the Official Version". 5. Volen Siderov (Bulgaria). "Globalization: The Last Stage of the Colonization of the Orthodox East". 6. Christopher Bollyn (USA). "The Events of September 11th and Their Consequences". 7. G. Reisseger (Austria). "The Monetary Consequences of September 11th". 8. Rene Berclaz (Switzerland). "The Blackmailing of Switzerland". 9. Ahmed Rami (Sweden). "The Influence of Zionism in Western Europe". On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:35:11 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sounds more nationalist than communist...and what
> better media for transmission of a nationalist
> statement than "Figaro Magazine"?!
> --- Chris Doss <itschris13 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> If people are interested, here's former Sovet
>> dissident Alexander Zinoviev's homepage (English version):
>> http://www.zinoviev.ru/eng/
>>
>> Zinoviev has become a Communist. He feels very
>> guilty about his former ideological stance.
-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy