[lbo-talk] neocon economists

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Apr 21 16:09:13 PDT 2003

I wouldn't call his books right-wing, if you mean his survey of public choice. That's the only one I've read.

He betrayed no political bias -- either way -- in his lectures.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of andie nachgeborenen Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 6:16 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] neocon economists

Mueller's not right wing!!!?? You wouldn't know it from his books! jks

From: "Max B. Sawicky"

> In this context, public choice is a bit of a chicken-egg issue.
> In principle, there is nothing wrong with analyzing the material
> basis for decisions by government bureaucrats, politicians, and
> voters. Marxists do that too. Obviously it's all in the way
> you do it. Some public choicers are not right-wing, including
> Mancur Olson and Dennis Mueller (both professors of mine), though
> the right-wing (really libertarian) dominance is real enough.

Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.